Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crash update

I went to my GP today because this crash has been getting worse day by day, and I began to wonder, "where's the bottom?"  "How bad can this get?"  My doctor (we'll call her Dr. L) took one look in my throat and whipped out the prescription pad so fast it was like she had it on a holster.  For a moment, I balked.  "Do I really need antibiotics?"

I was thinking back to all the times in the last six months when I read about the perils of antibiotics and how they decimate the "good bacteria" in the gut, and how I promised myself I wouldn't take them again unless I was on my deathbed.  In fact, I was posting about that just this past Friday.

My GP frowned, put the Rx pad away, and continued by listening to my breathing and concluded that I have a respiratory infection and possible strep throat.  "You need antibiotics," she said.  I agreed wholeheartedly.  Funny how your resolve melts away when you're sick.  I can always repopulate my microflora with a strong probiotics later.  I need relief NOW.

As far as the severity of this crash: This is as bad as it's ever been.  The only thing I can compare it to is when this whole thing began back in June.  Of course, back then I thought I simply had a bad virus and I'd be back to my normal self in a few more days.  Ah, the good ol' days.  

Does this mean I'm back to square one in terms of healing?  Did this crash set the clocks back to June?  I certainly hope not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment