Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Friday, May 1, 2015

April - my worse month in two years

I just calculated my daily health chart average for the month of April and it was my lowest daily average for any month since May, 2013.  The difference between April's average and all other averages of the past 12 months was enormous.

I'm still trying to determine the cause of this crash: is it a bug or could the stress of a recent arbitration have weakened by immune system?  Or a combination of both?  

I continue to have symptoms of a regular cold, like a cough and nasal congestion, but it's difficult to tell if that's the root of the crash or more symptoms of it.  Since coming down with ME/CFS, my immune system reacts differently to colds.  In my pre-ME days, cold symptoms were limited to...the usual cold symptoms.  They tended to be localized, i.e. in my sinuses or lungs.  But now, a cold seems to trigger my dysfunctional immune system in funny ways.  Inflammation runs rampant.  I get brain fog, achy kidneys, very swollen lymph nodes, sleep disturbances, and many other problems. That's why, after your system goes out of whack with ME/CFS, it's very difficult to determine what's going on when you're crashing.

I'm holding out hope that this is just a particularly bad cold, and not a more significant set back.

3 comments:

  1. Just an fyi, I think maybe your comments aren't working because I've made a few in the past that aren't here (or maybe you haven't published them?). So sorry you are having a downturn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrick,
    I started daily laser therapy on my brain stem 1.5 weeks ago and the decrease in my ME symptoms have been almost more than I could've hoped for. I got the idea when reading The Brain's Way of Healing by Norman Doidge and saw the similarities between MS and ME. Wanted to share with you.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious what you use to calculate your health scores?

    ReplyDelete