Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Update On Last Post

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm dealing with a run of the mill virus or some kind of more serious setback. On Thursday a nasty sore throat set in. I was thrilled. This made it much more likely that I'm dealing with a  run-of-the-mill pathogen  - one I might defeat in a week or two. 

I went to a walk-in clinic on Friday and the doctor swabbed my throat. Although the swab came back negative for strep, she said it still looked like strep from her visual observation and based on my other symptoms.  So she prescribed me penicillin.  (*sigh*) Antibiotics again. But what are my alternatives? I can't just let strep go unchecked. 

She wanted to prescribe me Prednisone for two days as well, but after I explained some of my blood test results that indicate compromised immunity (low NKC function, low CD57, low IGG subclass 3) she said I probably shouldn't take the Prednisone. I filled the prescription anyway...just in case I need it some day. 


1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling of being thrilled that you have something normal. It's crappy for a few days, but you know what;s going on and why. And then it goes away after a few days.
    Hope your throat gets better without antibiotics!

    ReplyDelete