Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Update to the surfing post

Recently I wrote a post about my first, very mild attempt at surfing since coming down with ME/CFS.  Afterwards, my big concern was: would it make me crash?

My attempt at surfing was on Sunday.  I was doing fine...even great...for the first half of the week.  Of course, nearly every muscle in my body was sore because surfing uses uncommon muscle groups.  But it was a good kind of sore--something I've "sorely" missed in the last couple of years. (Sorry, that was bad).

At about Midday on Wednesday, I began a two day mini-crash, but I don't think  it had anything to do with surfing.  It was, once again, due to a bug going around my family, most likely brought home by my two-year old daughter from daycare.  

So this gives me encouragement to possibly try surfing a little longer the next time I'm feeling decent.  Thanks for reading.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, that has to be encouraging Patrick, to know that surfing didn't cause any major crash! It will interesting to try this again and see. It should give you some sense of optimism, to possibly know you can at least reconnect with your past self a bit and surf again, albeit to a more limited degree. Just the fact that I can still jog a bit, and bike gives me some sense that all is not lost. In regard to blood volume, saline is supposed to increase this, and hopefully break up the grogginess in the head. I have this scheduled in 3 weeks (IV that is), so I will be happy to report in on the results personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you didn't crash. Last week, I swum three days in a row. Hadn't done that since 1986!

    ReplyDelete