Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Things That Make It Better

This may seem like a strange topic to be posting after a crash, but bear with me.  There's no doubt that, overall, I have improved over the last 4 weeks.  While my "highs" aren't any higher (there seems to be a ceiling at about 90% that I can never break through), my "lows" haven't been as low or as long.  Before this period of improvement, I had about as many "low days" (which I define as below 75%) as high days. I would crash for a week at a time, before slowing climbing out of it.  For the last month, I've been at or above 75% the vast majority of the time, with crashes lasting only a day or two.  While it's still early, I am hopeful this trend will continue.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to pinpoint what, exactly, is helping me.  Beginning about 8-12 weeks ago, I began taking a raft of dietary supplements, adding still more in two or three waves.  So I cannot isolate one or two supplements as the source of my improvement.  But, if you believe my doctor and Dr. Teitelbaum's book, it's the combination of multiple supplements that benefit ME patients the most.  

Without further adieu, here is my updated list.  Note, this list has changed since my 12/18 post.  Anything marked with a * is something I've added to my doctor's recommendation based on my own personal research.

-D-Ribose – 5000mg, 2x day; 
-Coenyme Q10 – 200 mg day; 
-Multivitamin  2x day; 
-Vitamin D3 – 3-4000mg a day (for shortness of breath)*; 
-Acetyle L-Carnitine 650mg 1x day.*; 
-Zinc lozenges as needed*; 
-Magnesium Malate 300 mg*; 
-Immuno Stim, 3 capsules 2x day; 
-NT Factor by Researched Nutritionals 3 capsules 2x/day; 
-Liquid Vitamin B12 (sublingual drops), 1,000-1,500 mcg/day*; 
-Pro-Biotics, 1 capsule, two hours before and two hours after any meal; 
-Melatonin as needed for sleep. 
-Low carb diet with no processed sugars or processed foods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment