Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Personal Update: Crashing

I seem to be crashing tonight, and I don't know why.  Suddenly, I'm experiencing the return of symptoms that I haven't felt in some time, like significant brain fog, nausea, dizziness, and as always, fatigue.  The nausea is particularly frustrating because I thought, potentially, I had put that behind me  when I changed to a low carb diet in early November.  Certainly, the low carb diet has helped regardless of this setback.

This doesn't seem to be a case of post exertional malaise (PEM) because I didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday.  I suspect there may be a dietary cause because I consumed much more dairy than ordinary yesterday, and I have also been eating strips of prociutto as part of my dinner.  Several authors in the book "Recovery from CFS" mentioned the elimination of pork from their diets as a key factor in CFS diets.  I couldn't understand why pork would be different from any other meat until I read the following tonight, on a website concerning candida diets:

"Pork cells contain retroviruses that survive cooking and may be harmful for those with a weakened digestive system."

I'll have to experiment further and see if dairy or pork is a possible culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment