Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Dizziness and possibly vertigo as symptoms of M.E.?

I have been going along at baseline or a little above for almost a month now.  When things are going smoothly, I often forget to blog.  January was the first month since I started blogging in about 2011 that I let an entire calendar month pass without blogging.  That's a good sign.

Strangely I woke up this morning with my brain feeling inflamed.  When I opened my eyes and looked around the room, the room felt like it was spinning. I could tell that getting up was going to be an adventure.  It was.  Of course, the feeling of brain inflammation and brain fog that I've been enduring this morning is nothing new.  I've experienced it on and off since 2011.  It's strange, however, that for the first time that I can remember, it has resulted in feeling dizzy.  What has changed?  I'm not sure if "vertigo" is the right term (I will have to look into that.)

[Edit: this wasn't POTS or OI.  I've had those symptoms before. They come and go for me, thankfully. But this was worse when lying down, which is the opposite from when I've had POTS and OI.]

I haven't yet had time to research ME and dizziness. I seem to recall other patients complaining about it.  So this is the first step--just acknowledging that it's an issue.  If anyone has any insights into treatments to that help this condition, please let me know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment