Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dr. C Appointment

I haven't had a Doctor C appointment in over a year, but I always make it a point to draft a full write-up of my appointment because (a) I want to remember what Dr. C said, and (b) I know there is significant interest from a certain subset of other patients about what Dr. C is recommending.

Unfortunately I'm having a bad health day with brain inflammation and peripheral neuropathy, which makes it difficult to type.  For that reason, I'm going to do an abbreviated summary of my 50 minute appointment rather than a full write-up.  I will try to supplement this post with a more complete write-up if/when I can.

As many people who follow Dr. C's work know, Dr. C is a strong proponent of his proprietary immune-modulating supplement called Equilibrant. His recommended regimens often include taking Equilibrant in addition to one or two other immune modulating drugs or supplements.  With each additional drug/supplement he tries, he finds that a certain % of his patients respond to it.  Those patients continue to take that drug/supplement, while Dr. C moves on to find something that will help the others.

The latest is a more highly absorbable form of the antioxidant bioflavinoid called "quercetin"--this time in the form of dihydroquercetin.  Here is the exact brand and dose that he recommends.  In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps push Th2 dominant immune systems back toward Th1 and tends to calm overactive mast cells.  (This was the first time I had heard Dr. Chia talk about mast cells.)  I decided I'm going to give it a try.

That's all I can write for today.  I will try to write more later.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting to hear more of what Dr C is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete