Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Friday, January 15, 2016

Next iOS update will include nighttime amber-shift

[I originally posted this on Phoenix Rising, but I felt it was important enough to spread the word here as well...]

Apple device users: For those of us working on sleep hygiene, and for those who know that the blue glow of our devices shuts down melatonin production, the next iOS update, coming soon, will include a setting that shifts your screen from the usual bluish-white light to amber light at night. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-use-the-iphones-night-shift-mode-2016-1?amp

Up until now, there's only been the Lux app, which was strictly for jailbroken iPhones and iPads. I never wanted to jailbreak my devices so I settled for not using my devices at night. This is a much better solution. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment