Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dr. Learner's Practitioner's Guide

Under my list of Reference Sites on the right side of the page, I've added a new link to Dr. Learner's Practitioner's guide.  Here it is again.

Dr. Learner provides some excellent recommendations about the appropriate doses and frequency of antiviral treatment for ME/CFS.  Based on his recommendations, I am not taking nearly enough valacylovir.  He would advise that I take the same dose that I'm currently taking (1 gram), except four times a day, not one.  I'll discuss this with Dr. W at my next appointment.

He also includes a section about treating co-infections such as Lyme and Mycoplasma Pneumonia, which he says must be treated first, before the anti-viral treatment begins.  Again, he would apparently advise that the Doxycycline regimin that I'm taking for Mycoplasma isn't nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment